Tuesday 25 September 2012

Urban War/Metropolis and a Force on Force update.

Hello again folks.
I mentioned in one of my recent posts that I have a strike team for Urban War. So the majority of this post is devoted to a quick lowdown on the game and the factions available.
Urban War (which used to be known as Void) is a game of small-scale skirmish Strike Team Actions, representing a larger conflict in the continent sized city of Iskandria, where battles took place between its inhabitants and an Alien invasion. This set of rules is currently in its second edition, with the first set being available as a series of magazines, which contained rules and background, as well as articles on scenery and the miniatures.
Full scale battles with armies are available with a slightly different ruleset, also available from Urban Mammoth, which is called Metropolis, and adds giant battlesuits for some of the nations, and just outright monsters for some of the others.
All the rulesets in one place.
The current factions lists are:
Junkers- grim convict legions, basically futuristic romans
Gladiators- warriors of the arenas
Syntha- human cyborgs and robotic androsynths
VASA- galactic enforcers of law and order
Triads- clan warriors, contemptuous of outsider
Viridians- traders replying on pure firepower
Koralon- alien symbiotes, wielders of unearthly powers
There is another faction coming soon, called the Neo-Isk.

I have the Viridian faction, an army of Colonial Marines and Special Forces, mixed with extra heavy weapon teams, snipers and giant battlesuits.
I have virtually painted all of my current models for the game, and these are shown in the pictures.
The basic Infantry. the crouching one is a Spotter for the HMG team.

My Snipers, one is from the Starter set, and wears Colonial Marine armour, whilst the other two are from a blister pack. I'm very pleased with how the camo came out on these guys.

This is the HMG Team weapon platform, this is one of the small minority I haven't finished yet.
Here's the official website for Urban War: http://www.urbanwarthegame.com/news.php

To conclude this post, I've got a picture update of the painting for the Force on Force modern stuff; all the British are fully painted and finished, and the picture shows how far I've got through painting them.
Well, I'm over halfway through painting them.

No comments:

Post a Comment