Monday 23 January 2012

Warhammer 40k Post: Adeptus Mechanicus Adept.

Having made up an entire Forgeworld and Titan Legion as background for the Warhound Titan, I felt it neccessary to make a model to represent the Forgeworld's leader. So using a spare Scibor Roman Centurion model and some spare bits, along with a fair bit of greenstuff I set off (whilst I was waiting for the Titan's glue to dry). I started by removing the head off the Scibor model and replacing it with a bionic head from the Forgworld Boarding Assault Set, before adding an Ork Nob's drill arm from the plastic set. Then I created an entire right arm using a Terminator's shoulder joint and two Space Marine forearms stuck together to create the body of the arm, before using Greenstuff to create the robes over it and subsequently made his hood. As a finishing touch I added a Nemesis Force Rod from the Grey Knight Terminator set. Below are some pictures of my progress, I'm very happy with the way this has turned out and I feel it really captures the cyborg creepiness of the Mehanicus.
The Beginning, head and left arm in place.

Mid-way through painting, front view.

Mid-way through painting, back view.

No comments:

Post a Comment