Sunday 21 May 2017

Warhammer 40k/30k Restart for Me!

Hello folks, long time no post,

But anyhoo, I am looking with hope at the new Warhammer 40k 8th Edition rumours and playing in a campaign of Shadow War: Armageddon - an update of Warhammer 40000: Kill Team. 

I have got my hands on some new 40k models, which will go towards a force of Space Marines for both Shadow War and 8th Edition 40k. However, 40k technically is incorrect for these guys, as they fit more into the 30k/Horus Heresy era of the 40k fluff. They are Alpha Legion, with currently models being plastic Mk4 Maximus armour marines and some Tartarus Terminators.

Tartarus Terminator in pre-heresy Alpha Legion colours!
The above image shows a rough idea of what colour scheme that I intend to use on my own Alpha Legion, a mix of metallic blue, black and silver. I'm using the Forgeworld Horus Heresy books colour illustrations as shown above as inspiration. Here's some more:
Additionally, I have been given an Ork Kommando belonging to a friend that I have the chance to tidy up, base and paint as my Kill Team "captured" him in the campaign before he was eventually rescued. So I am painting him with a hydra tatoo of the Alpha Legion, more on that soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment