Monday 3 September 2012

The Plan For The Next Year.

I thought I'd share my plans for my wargaming hobby for the next few months/year. 
Some of it's the usual hobbyist ideals, some of it is new stuff and ideas. 
So in no particular order or importance, we begin to examine the list:

1). Finish my Secrets of the Third Reich British Force.

This involves painting a few more men, the HMG and then assembling and painting the final 4 British Steel, which is going to take a bit longer than the rest, as I think some converting is in order to make them more individual, as befits members of an elite team. Plus it makes them look better on the table.

2). Get the Dystopian Wars fleet fully painted.

This is coming along, and I think I'm holding off on these painting projects a bit due to the number of models per force I need doing. I'm working on a cruiser, having just done a Frigate.

3). Paint the Urban War stuff.
http://www.voidlegion.de/urbanwar/Images/urban_war_cover_lg.jpg

I haven't mentioned this game on this blog yet, as I've not got alot to say on it yet. It came to light at the Dice and Decks Charity Event back in July (my summer has flown past), as Square Orange Games has a fair volume on show, so a club member bought some (a fine set of the Junkers faction - Futuristic Romans), and talked me into doing likewise with a different faction, so i selected the Viridian Colonial Marines, who reminded me alot of the guys from Aliens, crossed with Helghast from the video game Killzone. (All images from the Urban War website: http://www.urbanwarthegame.com/game.php). I got the starter set, a blister pack of 2 Snipers, and a HMG Team. So far I've painted a Sniper, and Three Colonial Marines, including the Sergeant, who doesn't stand out a great deal, except for a vaguely different pose and the addition of some Sergeant's stripes I've painted on myself. I'll update the pictures up this week.
 

4).  Paint and finish the Bolt Action stuff for a game.

I'm planning on this being done sooner rather than later since the game has been released early, and is now open for purchase. I'll be travelling to get some paint so I can crack on with this on Friday. 

5). New stuff planned.

I've got three major projects planned, as always, new stuff. 
One is to have a crack at a Vietnam era game, so I've made this easy, it involves the Vietnam supplement for Force on Force, called "Ambush Alley" and covers 1965-75. This has come about from a rather incredible game and board featured in the September 2012 issue of Wargames Illustrated. Models, I have already scouted for and come up with two ranges; West Wind, and as always for Force on Force; The Assault Group. West Wind I'm planning on using for their APC and Artillery, as well as some supplement infantry for variety.
Two, is to have a second "Black Powder" period set, at the end of the era, complimentary to the evolution of warfare after Napoleon, I'm aiming to get some models for either the First or Second Sudanese Campaigns, 1882-5 and 1896-98 respectively. More likely than not, I'm going for the First Sudanese Campaign, as I am hoping, in a money-saving operation, to try and convert Warlord Games Anglo-Zulu War British to match the uniforms and gear of the Sudan War, which is basically some leg alterations and cuffs of the jackets, and a pugaree on the Pith Hat.
Three, is to gear up and have a go at Dystopian Legions, a new game from Spartan Games, this is a 28mm game that represents the same era and universe as Dystopian Wars, of course, I'll be collecting the Kingdom of Brittania, whose troops are basically the same as for the Anglo-Zulu War/Early Sudan War in uniform, except for some slightly futuristic technology and a metal breastplate, but still Pith hats all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment