Thursday 29 October 2015

November 2015

My apologies for a long hiatus from blogging. Been a busy few months with many changes, which I'm not going to go into, I'll just add in content that's new.

The end of November 2015 marks the release of Team Yankee - a cold war gone hot game from Flames of War - using 15mm models. I already have 15mm Americans and Chinese from an aborted run at the end of last year at modern wargames in that scale. So I am painting my T72 battle tank, M1 Abrams tank and building and assembling T54/55 tanks and M113s in readiness for the Team Yankee release at the end of the month. I now have Flames of War bases to enable me to use previews to attempt to build the teams of Americans ready for the game as well!
A couple of the example unit cards for Battlefront's Team Yankee - as featured on their Breakthrough Assault blog page.


I have also bought the Flames of War main rulebook in the time since my last post and now, and today I also got the Fate of a Nation book and Tour of Duty book - both add-ons for Vietnam and the Arab-Israeli conflict in the early 1960s for Flames of War. 
This evening I also played a World War 1 Flames of War at Pegasus Hobbies and Games in Monmouth. This is the first time I've ever played Flames of War properly - and I enjoyed it greatly - I can't wait to see what vehicles do to the gameplay - as this WW1 game was infantry only, supported by machine gun teams and artillery.

In Airsoft news I have a new loadout; Soviet Russian from 1980s Afghanistan, using the video game Metal Gear Solid V as a reference, due to the variations in uniform, which enable a more interesting choice of equipment. This also means a new airsoft rifle - an ICS AK74, due to arrive shortly.

Lastly, I have the Aliens vs Predator game from Prodos Games, and am thoroughly pleased with the quality and detail I have seen so far - a gameplay review will be posted next weekend.

Bear with me readers, I'm back again, and need to work out what to post once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment